As an Operations Intern, you will have the opportunity to work at the heart of the business during our peak season. You will be responsible for coordinating our daily operations, ensuring that we always exceed our customers’ expectations and our logistics partners are well supported. You will be engaging with the whole LOVESPACE Team, from the CEO to the Drivers and everyone in between.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is an excellent communicator, great at multi-tasking, a quick learner and excited by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day to day performance of the LOVESPACE Fleet, ensuring our drivers are on time and following the correct processes at all times;
- Acting as the central point of communication between the Operations Team, Fleet, Customer Experience Team and our Warehouse Network;
- Ensuring every box is tracked throughout its journey to capture essential data;
- Supporting the Logistics Analyst with coordinating, analysing and identifying efficiencies within the daily fleet route planning;
- Identifying and recommending areas for improvement across the Operations function through liaison with our Fleet and Warehouse Partners;
- Helping to drive LOVESPACE’s reputation through generating great customer reviews and referrals.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
- Positive, engaging and confident in connecting and interacting with all levels across the business;
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills – GSCE English (Grade B) preferred;
- Great numerical ability – GCSE Maths (Grade B) preferred;
- Highly organised, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to use common sense and apply judgement;
- A creative and resourceful problem solver with a keen eye for continuous improvement and innovation;
- Flexible approach to changing work hours/demands;
- Live and breathe LOVESPACE’s values of being Engaging, Open, Smart, Reliable, Fair and Inspiring.
What is in it for you?
A chance to be at the heart of one of the UK’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial, businesses and have exposure to a team of seasoned, enthusiastic and engaging entrepreneurs. You will play a key role in LOVESPACE’s growth, with the opportunity to see how your work directly contributes to our success, as well as having multiple opportunities for growth and development.
We aim to build the smartest service business in the world by combining our own cutting-edge in-house tech with a relentless focus on customer experience. LOVESPACE is not only disrupting the UK’s £0.5bn traditional storage industry – we are also creating and defining a whole new market for by-the-box-storage amongst customers who would never have chosen a traditional option.
The Operations Intern is a 6-month paid position. The working week will consist of five shifts between Monday and Saturday, and working hours will either be 0700-1600 or 1000-1900.
We’re looking for candidates who are available immediately and can hit the ground running from 3rd May!
As we are currently working remotely, you will be required to work from home and the necessary IT equipment will be provided. As we transition back to an office environment, there may be a requirement for you to work between home and an office location in London.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and a Cover Letter, outlining what attracted you to the role and why you believe you’d be a great fit for the role and our business. In addition, please indicate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we are likely to receive, we will only be able to contact candidates that are progressed to the next stage of the process. For this, we apologise and wish you every success in your job search!
No agencies please.