LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company. We are well on our way on our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things.
We collect boxes and other larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions of what is in each box.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 and since then we’ve become multi-award winning, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, Crowdfunded Business of the Year, and one of the 50 fastest technology companies in the UK, and have a strong and supportive company culture that makes LOVESPACE an inspiring place to work.
We aim to build the smartest service business in the world by combining our own cutting-edge in-house tech with a relentless focus on customer experience. LOVESPACE is not only disrupting the UK’s £0.5bn traditional storage industry – we are also creating and defining a whole new market for by-the-box-storage amongst customers who would never have chosen a traditional option. We’re looking for the next wave of pioneers in the storage industry, with the ambition of joining a rapidly growing business with plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth!
About the role
LOVESPACE are looking for a talented, engaging and highly motivated New Business Development Executive. The role will involve generating leads, developing our partnerships proposition and building lasting relationships within the building and property development sector (specifically BTR, PRS and PBSA), which will in turn drive revenue and new business opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for a pioneering self-starter to directly impact LOVESPACE’s continuing growth.
- Identify key prospects by researching, analysing and developing relationships with key players and prospective partners across the property development and building management sector;
- Develop and maintain the lead generation/client pipeline process to drive new business opportunities to broaden our impact, access and revenue;
- Develop and maintain a new business development portfolio and suite of materials, including high impact presentations and other necessary tools and processes to further support prospecting clients and closing deals;
- Maintain excellent sales process methodology and communication;
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the new business completion process;
- Represent LOVESPACE at networking events and prospect-building functions in order to generate leads and drive business development.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven track record of outbound opportunity creation, including lead generation and direct to consumer models
- Excellent influencing skills with proven negotiating abilities
- Self-starter, able to launch and implement projects of your own initiative
- Strategic planning, and a range of project completion techniques
- Relentless focus on relationship development
- Enthusiastic to develop fresh ideas and learn new skills
- Proof of having developed successful creative and strategic new business development presentation materials
- Contacts in prospective client industries is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in HubSpot or similar CRM platform, or willingness to learn
- Willingness to travel, if needed
- Ability to work from home and be independently motivated.
Who we’re looking for
We value entrepreneurship, so you’ll be a results-driven self-starter with lots of tenacity to make meaningful in-roads across the property development sector. We want LOVESPACE to become an integral part of the BTR/PRS offering in the UK and you’ll be a big part of making that happen! With that in mind you’ll need to come prepared to take ownership of building and managing our partnership pipeline.
We’d love it if you have worked in a start-up, or similarly fast-paced environment, and aren’t fazed by pace of change and the need to work in an agile manner. A good sense of humour will be essential, as will the ability to build networks, communicate effectively, and foster productive relationships across the business and with external stakeholders. You will be excited by the opportunity to join us at this stage of our journey and be looking to grow and develop with us!
What you’ll get from us:
23 days holiday…because we all need time to reset, relax and recharge.
Pension contribution…because it’s never too soon to start thinking about protecting your future.
Great central London office location…because we can’t wait to get back to working together, and sharing a drink and a laugh after work.
Access to Perks & Benefits…because isn’t shopping better with a discount?
Flexible working…because we understand that Monday-Friday, 9-5 isn’t for everyone!
Staff discount…because you never know when it might come in handy.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and a Cover Letter, outlining what attracted you to the role and why you believe you’d be a great fit for the role and our business to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate within your application your eligibility to work in the UK.