LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company.
We collect boxes and other items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and deliver them back to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their stuff online, taking photos and adding descriptions. We’re a multi-award winning start-up, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, and most recently one of the 50 Fastest Growing Tech Businesses in the UK – 2018 by Deloitte.
What’s the role
The Financial Controller role at LOVESPACE is not your typical accounting role. You will be part of the management team and a lot of the work will involve reaching beyond the realm of finance to help the business achieve its strategic and operational goals.
We need someone with excellent organisational and analytical skills, who can stay on top of internal reporting and statutory filings, while also delivering insightful financial analysis for ad-hoc projects when required.
Most of the work will require you to think independently and strategically to produce results where no pre-defined processes are in place. This provides a great opportunity for freedom and creativity in how those results are achieved.
Please see below a summary of the key tasks you will be responsible for:
- Supervise the production of the weekly revenue reporting
- Take full ownership of the monthly management accounts process
- Contribute to the development and improvement of LOVESPACE’s reporting suite
- Hold monthly meetings with the business’ heads of departments to discuss financial performance and strategic insights
- Assist the FD and CEO with the annual budgeting and forecasting process
Daily finance functions and processes:
- Oversee the day to day bookkeeping with assistance from our Junior Accounts Clerk
- Take ownership of the credit control and invoicing process
- Design and implement new controls as the business grows and increases in complexity
- Assist the HR Manager in the monthly payroll preparation and review
Tax and insurance:
- Liaise with our external advisors to prepare and submit all statutory reporting requirements (this includes VAT filings, the yearly financial statements, Corporation Tax etc.)
- Assist the FD and other directors across the business by providing financial insight for the delivery of the business’ key objectives and other ad-hoc projects
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following attributes and experience:
- Big 4 trained and ACA qualified, with 0-2 PQE
- Previous startup experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- A minimum of a 2.1 Bachelors degree
- Exemplary accounting knowledge
- Numerically proficient
- Excellent communicator
- Expert MS Office skills
- Commercially minded decision making
- Outstanding organisation and time management
- Attention to detail
What is in it for you?
A chance to be at the heart of one of the UK’s fast-growing entrepreneurial business and part of a diverse and highly skilled team. You’ll play a key role in LOVESPACE’s growth, with the opportunity to see how your work directly contributes to our success. It’s not all work with LOVESPACE, we’re also exceptionally proud of our friendly team and our fun lively culture, with regular social events and outings.
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge the please get in touch. Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.