The Environment Agency has issued 14 severe flood warnings to residents in the south-east after the river Thames burst its banks. With thousands of people affected by floods, we are offering our space to those in need – free of charge for 2 months.
As we are based in London, we are able to help victims located in the nearby areas of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Surrey. People whose homes or businesses within these counties are at risk of flooding and need a place to store their precious possessions to keep them safe from floodwaters should get in touch. We will collect items and store them in our secure warehouse until customers are ready to receive them back when the flood risk is reduced.
How we can help:
All of the following is for free:
- Collection and storage for up to 3 boxes or items such as suitcases or sturdy plastic crates for up to 2 months
- When you want your items back we can deliver them the next day – and if you need us to deliver them to a friends house, we can do that too
- If you need to store any additional boxes or items, or need to store for longer than 2 months, we can offer a further 20% off the normal storage rates for as long as you need.
Points to note:
- This offer is available only to customers with addresses in the counties of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Surrey who have been issued with a flood warning by the Environment Agency
- Unfortunately, we are unable to take larger items such as sofas or large tables as our drivers are unable to carry large items on their own. Please see our terms and conditions for more information on what items we can and cannot take
- You can buy boxes and packing materials which we will deliver free of charge but please note that this will increase the time-scale across which we can arrange collection of your items. We would recommend using your own boxes or containers where possible (e.g. suitcases/ sturdy plastic containers) so they we can collect them from you as soon as possible
- There may be some locations that are impossible to reach by road due to high water levels. We will try our best to get to any area ‘at risk’ of flooding, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee our drivers will be able to reach you if the roads are already impassable
- We hope to be able to help as many of you as possible; we are extending aid on a first-come first-serve basis.
If you need help give us a call on 0800 802 1018 and we will do our best to assist you.