Here in the Box Office, we have a certain self-image. If the traditional storage world is like the Top Gun Fighter Weapons Flight School, then we’re Maverick, charmingly changing the rules of how to store. Sometimes though the rules just can’t be circumnavigated:
Unfortunately, we just can’t store:
- antiques (breakable and fragile);
- items containing or made of glass (including mirrors);
- musical instruments in soft cases (hard cases are fine);
- perishable goods;
- birds, fish, animals or any other living creature;
- arms or ammunition;
- any item which emits fumes, smell or odour;
- bullion (gold-silver), jewellery, currency, ivory, precious metals or stones;
- any drugs, illegal substances or goods illegally obtained;
- combustible or flammable materials, liquids or compressed gases, diesel, petrol, oil, gas, artificial fertilizer or cleaning solvents;
- chemicals, radioactive materials or biological agents, toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a dangerous nature;
- any other toxic, flammable or hazardous goods;
- any other items, the posession or storage of which contravene in any way the laws of the United Kingdom or any other applicable regulations.
Please note that although we do accept some fragile items, including crockery, TVs etc., we cannot insure them. If you are storing fragile items, please make sure they are thoroughly bubble wrapped (multiple layers) and carefully packed to ensure they are safe during transport.
We do accept electrical items, but please note that we cannot insure them unless they are packaged in their original packaging.
Other than that, you should be good to go – if you’re unsure whether you can store it or not, get in touch with the team.