LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company. We are well on our way on our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things.
We collect boxes and other larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions of what is in each box.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 and since then we’ve become multi-award winning, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, Crowdfunded Business of the Year, and one of the 50 fastest technology companies in the UK, and have a strong and supportive company culture that makes LOVESPACE an inspiring place to work.
We aim to build the smartest service business in the world by combining our own cutting-edge in-house tech with a relentless focus on customer experience. LOVESPACE is not only disrupting the UK’s £0.5bn traditional storage industry – we are also creating and defining a whole new market for by-the-box-storage amongst customers who would never have chosen a traditional option. We’re looking for the next wave of pioneers in the storage industry, with the ambition of joining a rapidly growing business with plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth!
About the role
LOVESPACE are looking for a focused, data-driven and highly motivated Data Analyst. The role will sit close to the heart of the business, helping to provide critical, accurate and timely data and information to enable strategic decision making across the business.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide dynamic reporting;
- Develop forward-looking demand and financial forecasts to inform current decision-making;
- Conduct detailed analysis to establish key drivers and inform strategic decisions across the company;
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve reporting framework;
- Ensure the database keeps pace with a rapidly-growing business and shape the data structure as new products are developed;
- Deliver bespoke analysis and actionable insight to senior stakeholders;
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and accurately maintain databases and data systems;
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Work with the management team to prioritise business and information needs.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience within a similar role, with a particular focus on marketing analytics, statistical modelling, machine learning, forecasting, optimization and predictive analysis;
- SQL experience and advanced Excel skills;
- A systematic approach with the ability to manage, analyse, query and validate data within required guidelines;
- Highly organised with the ability to work to strict deadlines in a busy, high-volume environment;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to use common sense and apply judgement to decision-making;
- Ability to work from home and be independently motivated.
Who we’re looking for
You will have an advanced degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering or an applied science, and a desire to live and breathe data! You’ll be comfortable spending a lot of time in the detail, but equally comfortable providing, presenting and explaining complex data to non-data folks. Previous use of SQL and Excel is essential, as you’ll use them daily; some experience of PowerBI and DAX, VBA and Python would be helpful.
We’d love it if you have worked in a start-up, or similarly fast-paced environment, and aren’t fazed by pace of change and the need to work in an agile manner. A good sense of humour will be essential, as will the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, produce accurate and timely information, and foster productive relationships across the business. You will be excited by the opportunity to join us at this stage of our journey and be looking to grow and develop with us!
What you’ll get from us:
23 days holiday…because we all need time to reset, relax and recharge.
Pension contribution…because it’s never too soon to start thinking about protecting your future.
Great central London office location…because we can’t wait to get back to working together, and sharing a drink and a laugh after work.
Access to Perks & Benefits…because isn’t shopping better with a discount?
Flexible working…because we understand that Monday-Friday, 9-5 isn’t for everyone!
Staff discount…because you never know when it might come in handy.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and a Cover Letter, outlining what attracted you to the role and why you believe you’d be a great fit for the role and our business to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate within your application your eligibility to work in the UK.